We are champions for New Zealand's bookkeeping professionals!
The Institute of Certified NZ Bookkeepers is a Not-for-Profit Incorporated Society whose mission is to empower bookkeepers to be trusted and valued business professionals.
In order for us to deliver on our mission, as an organisation we have a strong focus on:
- Building greater credibility so New Zealander's have confidence and trust in the work that our members perform;
- Growing stronger influence with government and industry so we can shape and form the agenda to advocate on key issues;
- Supporting and encouraging our members to model best practice and continually invest in their professional development;
- Generating greater public recognition for the fundamental contribution bookkeepers make to business; and
- Advancing and protecting the long-term interests of the Association throughout New Zealand.
At the forefront of all decisions are our members. We actively seek opportunities that will not only be of benefit to the bookkeeping profession as a whole, but will be beneficial to our members.
Empowering Bookkeepers to be trusted and valued business professionals
The leading professional body for bookkeepers in New Zealand, setting the standards while providing guidance and support to our community.
To drive industry standards, advocate for the profession and provide a supportive community for our members
- Respect: We believe in the importance of all stakeholders – whether they be internal or external; and value their ideas and beliefs.
- Community: We strive to facilitate a successful community, where everyone experiences a sense of well-being and belonging.
- Professionalism: We expect professionalism through our behaviour, attitude, and communication.
- Accountability: We show up and set out to accomplish the things we said we would, on time and to the highest quality possible.
- Family: We value the relationships and camaraderie developed within the community.
The legal stuff
The New Zealand Bookkeepers Association Inc is an incorporated society registered under the Incorporated Societies Act 1908. The Association, which trades as Institute of Certified NZ Bookkeepers (ICNZB), was registered on 15 July 2010 under society number 2538309.
The association also operate a New Zealand limited company - New Zealand Bookkeepers Limited. This company was registered on 7 November 2011 under company number 3629931 and NZBN 9429030899346. The company is 100% owned by the incorporated society and directed by the President and Vice President.