Launch yourself into Certified Bookkeeper membership and get recognised!
So you already hold Provisional Membership, and are gaining benefit from our resources, professional development and opportunities to excel. But you want to launch your career to the next level?
Why not upgrade and become Certified!
What defines an ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper™?
An ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper™ is a member who has passed a certification assessment which demonstrates their understanding of the principles of bookkeeping.
Certified Bookkeepers are tested on their knowledge of the following service areas, which are deemed by ICNZB to be the standard services provided by a Bookkeeper:
→ End of month reporting
→ GST return preparation
→ Accounts Payable
→ Accounts Receivable
→ Bank reconciliations
You can find out more about the assessment here >
Certified Bookkeeper Membership
Take your bookkeeping career to new heights
By upgrading your membership from Provisional to Certified, you will be recognised for your competence and professional standing.
This membership is ideal for:
- a bookkeeping business owner; or
- an employee who performs bookkeeping in a business and needs access to professional development opportunities; or
- a bookkeeper working within an accounting practice who will benefit from holding professional body membership.
To become an ICNZB Certified Bookkeeper, you must first hold Provisional Membership and pass an assessment.
Join us. Stand out.
You can tell people you're a professional Bookkeeper. Or you could let your status as a member of ICNZB say it for you.
Join as a Provisional Member today and start your journey to success.
Eligibility and ongoing criteria
Eligibility for membership
To be eligible for upgrade to Certified Bookkeeper membership you must:
- have current Provisional Membership.
- pass the Certified Bookkeeper assessment.
- pass the Code of Ethical Conduct assessment.
- hold Professional Indemnity insurance, and provide proof thereof.
To maintain your Certified Bookkeeper Membership you will be required to:
- pay an annual membership fee.
- maintain 20 hours of Continuing Professional Development each membership year
- pass the Code of Ethical Conduct assessment once every 3 years.
- maintain current Professional Indemnity insurance, and provide proof thereof.
The application fee for Certified Bookkeeper membership is $172.50 (GST inclusive) and is payable on application.
The annual renewal fee is $458.85 (GST inclusive) which provides you with 12 months of membership.
Payment for the application fee and renewal fees can be made via bank deposit or credit card through our online membership portal.
Not sure where to start on your journey to becoming a Certified Bookkeeper? Let us help walk you through the process with our series of How to guides
When you are first starting a bookkeeping business, it can feel like a slow journey to success. Find out how ICNZB membership helped Sarah Wagteveld speed up this process.
Join one of our monthly network meetings near you! Get to know other Bookkeepers in your region and grow your professional network.